Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring is here... and already...

There are little purple flowers blooming like crazy in the front yard. Rain over the past week has turned the back yard into a swampland. But that rain has that nice spring smell to it. Weather has been warm enough to go without a coat... in fact it's colder in the house than outside... so a coat or sweatshirt inside is nice. The grass is a bit greener than before and soon there will be yellow daffodils all over the yard. This morning... before the sun rose, I could hear the birds... chirping away... if they were singing they need to find a better choral director though. Yup. Spring is here and I like it.

This morning, I've been watching "Breakfast with the Arts" on A & E. My favorite episode covering the South Pacific... with lots of island dancing. It's awesome to see - espeically as in the cultures shown, drumming and dancing are ways to tell stories. And I like stories. (And next on the travel channel is "Passport to Europe" - and it looks like this episode is about my favorite European city... Athens, Greece.

Oh, it's starting. With the Acropolis!!!! I remember my visit to the Acropolis. Standing in front of the Parthenon. In awe. And an annoying professor saying "Jeffrey, come back and listen to me, I'm telling you about the Parthenon". Not taking my eyes off the immense and ancient structure, I walked backward toward the sound of his annoying voice... thinking... "I'm standing in front of the oldest building I ever saw and he wants me to listen to his lecture... yeah right."